Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 24 March 2015

GUPTAJI, I’M COMING FOR BREAKFAST TOMORROW #kelloggswaleguptaji



In 1996 I came across a newly launched pack of “Kellogg’s” cornflakes in one of my local grocery stores. The shop keeper who knew me quite well requested me to give it a try as it was a completely new brand in the town and was sophistically packed and highly priced. On being repeatedly coaxed by him I picked up a pack and the shop keeper gave me a 10% discount on the printed MRP. On reaching home my wife, a stubborn diet conscious housewife, was amazed to see the pack in the grocery basket. She was happy that finally good sense had prevailed over me to purchase cornflakes for breakfast.



At that time there was no internet and I was very curious to know why a pack of cornflakes should be so costly. I contacted the latest edition of Encyclopedia Britannica in my office library searching for Kellogg’s. The only information I got was that W.K. Kellogg developed first cornflakes and started making cereal products for patients at Battle Creek Sanatorium in 1894. Later he sold cereals in Canada and UK. The Kellogg Company was established in 1922.Subsequently it started marketing cereal products in South Africa, USA and other countries. Exactly after 100 years in 1994 Kellogg’s came to India and its first manufacturing unit was started in Taloja in Raigad district of Maharastra. Its Indian HQ was established in Mumbai and Kellogg’s cornflakes came to Indian market in 1995. Subsequently many variants of Kellogg’s appeared on grocery shop selves. Kellogg’s Chocos, Kellogg’s Honey Loops, Kellogg’s All Bran Wheat Flakes, Kellogg’s Oats are some of the popular products available in Indian Market today.



Cornflakes have become the favorite breakfast item for my entire family since 1996, i.e. the very day I picked up the pack from the local grocer. My wife prepares a variety of items using Kellogg’s cornflakes. Kellogg’s Chocos  is the most favourite dish of my kids. They just relish it. And I like to take the flakes with milk. My wife prepares a dish called Chatpatti Cornflakes Chivda which is ravishingly tasty with the evening tea.



But I know several recipes are prepared by the Gupta family using Kellogg’s cereal products. Whether they invite me or not I have decided to call on them to try some of recipes I am curious about. I have heard from some of my neighbours that Gupta Bhabi serves Almond Strawberry Cornflakes and Strawberry Banana Cornflakes which are very good breakfast items. My office collegue who had gone to Guptaji’s last evening was gaga about the Cornflake Date Shake and Walnut Cornflake Chocoballs. There is no point in hiding the truth. Guptaji’s family has become quite famous for trying and innovating several recipes using Kellogg’s cereal products. I don’t mind paying for the healthy breakfast snacks they prepare. Guptaji, I am coming for the breakfast tomorrow with my entire family. And I will really appreciate if you please serve us with Cherry, Banana and walnut Cornflakes; Apple Cornflake pancakes, Cornflake Coconut Ladoos, Cornflakes Guava  Milkshake and of course, anything else that you may like us to try.



I am sure Guptaji won’t mind entertaining me on payment. I suggest you also take some time out to visit the Guptas and try from their list of healthy breakfast menu from the link below:


https://www.facebook.com/anaajkanashta

https://www.youtube.com/user/kelloggindia.




No comments:

Post a Comment