Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 12 November 2014

WIFE

I had thought
In the bliss of that rare moment
In the pitch darkness of the locked room
On the flowery bed, amid the warmth of your breath
That I could submerge myself
In the ocean of your unfathomable love;
And drink the sweetness of your devotion to my heart's content.
And sail through life's voyage with ease.
As you had promised to render
Unconditional support for our
Peaceful coexistence,
In that first ever night of our sweet rendezvous.

And today,

Amidst the trials and tribulations of life
In the process of keeping pace with me
When you fling a trident like
"When is your salary?"
I feel as if I am getting drowned
In the turbulent sea of your conditional love
And my heart getting choked
In the saltiness of your blank devotion
And I really wonder whether
Your promise of unconditional support
Was meant for me, or
My pay packet?

No comments:

Post a Comment